Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Using Windows Movie Maker and Flickr

I recently tried out Windows Movie Maker. Here is an example that will open in a new window of what I created for a first attempt one afternoon using photos from class, ESY Views of Nature (wait for it to load and the transitions are a little too quick). The program may be useful as an instructional tool; I may use it as part of lab instructions, as background for a simulation or investigation, or have students create 10 to 30 second videos. I think you could create videos just like the movies from BigPicture SmallWorld presented in the past post without too much difficulty.

The Flickr website may also be a useful place to post pictures or host pictures for a blog that does not support a lot of images. It seems to work well and the controls seem to be fairly intuitive, but then I've only used it once to upload and group one set of photos. I have put the links for both in the posting for the "Views of Nature" Posters posting on the room A207 blog site.